1. Research Area
- Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Database
- Geographical Information System
- Indoor Spatial Information
- Data Modeling
2. Research Overview
STEM lab research and develop various methodologies and systems to solve multiple problems by expressing Spatio-temporal phenomena that exist in the real world on computers. We have been conducting various researches and developments that lead the field of indoor spatial information research, focusing on IndoorGML, the indoor standard data model established by Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). In particular, we are researching to develop the OGC IndoorGML standard. In this regard, we are conducting research using indoor spatial information, such as developing indoor space data modeling, data generation and editing, and visualization tools as open source.
3. Research Achievements
Publication to SCI (and SCIE) papers related to indoor spatial information.
- Kim, Taehoon, et al. "Utilizing extended geocodes for handling massive three-dimensional point cloud data." World Wide Web (2020): 1-24.
- Kim, Joon-Seok, and Ki-Joune Li. "Simplification of geometric x-objects in an indoor space." ISPRS journal of photogrammetry and remote sensing 147 (2019): 146-162.
Presentation at spatial-temporal database conference (ACM SIGSPATIAL, SSTD, W2GIS, etc.) and open-source conference (FOSS4G, etc.)
- Li, Ki-Joune, et al. "Survey on Indoor Map Standards and Formats." 2019 International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN). IEEE, 2019.
- Kim, Taehoon, et al. "Efficient Encoding and Decoding Extended Geocodes for Massive Point Cloud Data." 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp). IEEE, 2019.
- Bolat, Azamat, Dongmin Kim, and Ki-Joune Li. "Discovering User-context in Indoor Space." Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Indoor Spatial Awareness. 2018.
- Kim, Taehoon, and Ki-Joune Li. "Real-time Symbolic Indoor Map Matching." Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Indoor Spatial Awareness. 2018.